Wednesday, February 25, 2009

NOTD - Zoya Kotori

Zoya is one of the brands of polish that the lovely ladies at the MUA board introduced me to. I LOVE the unique colors that this brand sells. The unfortunate thing for me (and I've heard, some others) is that it is notorious for chipping. When I bought my first bottles of Zoya, I also purchased their Color Lock system (minus the new Ridgefiller, it wasn't out at the time) because it has been said that this is the only base and top coats that you can use with success. My thing is that when I used it, I got terrible bubbling...probably because I didn't give enough dry time between coats. That and I'm so used to WONDERFUL Seche Vite that I wasn't prepared for the amount of time that I would need to for my mani to dry. I then tried Zoya with my HG's, Orly Bonder and Seche Vite. It chipped the next day. Badly.
With this mani I again used Zoya's Color Lock system. With a little patience it does work quite well. I DID have to top it off with Posche (I find it doesn't shink dried polish as badly as Seche does) because even after a few hours my nails were tacky. I was afraid to go to bed!
On to Kotori. I LOVE this color!!!!! I'm having a hard time NOT staring at my nails! It's a little sheer, took 4 coats to be opaque, which is odd for Zoya. I can usually get bottle color in 2 coats, a feat for me, the habitual 3 coat-er. I'm also going to show you a swatch of 2 coats of Kotori over black (although 1 probably would have been fine). I love the look. It gives the polish so much depth.

Zoya Kotori - outdoors
























Kotori over black -
























Thanks for looking!

No comments: