Friday, October 22, 2010

China Glaze Awakening

Every year I try my best to buy any Halloween polishes that come out...we take the holiday pretty seriously in our house.  It's ALWAYS been DH's favorite holiday, and on top of that R (our oldest...the one that took us a long time to have) was born on Halloween...talk about coincidence. 
I was pretty pumped to get China Glaze's new Awakening collection.  The colors are just perfect!

Mummy May I




Mummy May I has a purple jelly base with purple glitter.  I have 3 coats on in these pictures.  It's not a chunky glitter by any means, but it does need a topcoat (which you can tell I'm not wearing in these pictures). 

Zombie Zest




This one is cool!  Zombie Zest has a yellow/green jelly base with fine green shimmery glitter.  It's dupish (although not dead on) to Orly It's Not Rocket Science.  Love it...This color starts of REALLY mossy and yellow looking...as you use more coats it builds to a really cool green color.  I'm currently wearing this as a mani, and the wear has been incredible.  5 days in and I only have tip wear! I'm also getting tons of compliments on the color.  I'm wearing 3 coats in these pictures. 

Ick-A-Bod-Y




The PERFECT Halloween polish!  Ick-A-Bod-Y is a dark green jelly with lots of orange glitter.  The glitter is the size as the glitter in Mummy May I, just more dense.  I wore this as a mani last week, it lasted a few days before chipping...but glitter tends to chip very quickly for me, so I was pleased with the wear.  It was the perfect way to start off my Halloween nail polish wearing season!

I have a few more Halloween mani's planned...I'll post them on here as I get to them!  Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: