Saturday, November 20, 2010

Where have I been? and China Glaze holiday Part I

Wow...It's been about 3 weeks since I've posted!  We were hit up with sickness and then I just got REALLY busy at work.  DH had the flu about 2 weeks ago...now he has bronchitis.  The kids and I have been passing around a bug as well.  SO FUN!  Plus, our grading period ended last week at school, so I had mountains of grading to get done for my students report cards.   Things were just a bit hectic and something needed to give. 
I do appreciate all of you who were here checking and those of your that sent your well wishes with the crazy flu bug.  The kids and I are feeling better, and hopefully DH will be soon as well!

Well...I've slowly been swatching the new China Glaze 'Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice Holiday collection.  They release 16 (!) polishes in this set!  I'm going to break it up in 4 posts of 4 polishes because my kids aren't going to let me sit down and swatch that many at once!  :)

Naughty and Nice




Naughty and Nice is a blackened plum creme.  I think the bottom picture is the best color-wise.  The other 2 make it look a TAD more red than it is.  Sorry for the awful condition of my index finger.  My cuticle looks terrible!  I have on 3 coats in these images.

Mommy Kissing Santa




Mommy Kissing Santa is a red shimmer.  Very pretty, and great coverage with 2 coats.  Near impossible for me since I apply such thin coats!  :)

Phat Santa



 
I'm normally not a fan of red or creme polishes, but I actually really like Phat Santa.  It has cooler undertones, so it works with my skin tone.  I have to say I kind of felt glamorous wearing it!  :)  I have 3 coats on in the above images.

Ruby Deer




Ruby Deer is a bit more of an orange-based red.  Photographing this and Phat Santa made me realize my camera doesn't like red nail polishes.  They end up looking almost neon.  I enjoyed wearing this color as well as Phat Santa...they gave me a new appreciation for creme's...although my fingers were red for some time.  lol
I'm wearing 3 coats in the above images.

I will get the rest of these up as soon as I can.  I still have some more to swatch.  It's quite a bit, and a bit of an overwhelming collection to swatch.  I really like all of them so far though!

Thanks for stopping!

No comments: